Do you believe with the right insights investors can contribute to a more just and sustainable global economy? Sustainalytics is dedicated to this mission as a leading independent Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) and corporate governance research and ratings firm. For over 25 years, Sustainalytics has been at the forefront of developing high-quality, innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of global investors. Sustainalytics has 15 offices spanning the US, UK, Germany, Japan, France, Canada, Copenhagen, Romania, Sweden, Australia and the Netherlands. We are proud to have helped more than 80% of the 20 largest global investment managers incorporate ESG in their investment strategies.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
ABOUT THE DIGITAL INNOVATION TEAM
The Digital Innovation Team is responsible for researching and developing smart digital solutions to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Sustainalytics products and processes. The team operates as part of Sustainalytics’ Information and Communication Technology Team.
The main goals of the product innovation team are:
- Development of information acquisition, normalization, and analytics solutions, using information retrieval, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and digital curation technologies;
- Incorporation of the existing solutions into the company workflows;
- Servicing the information acquisition, extraction, and analytics needs of internal and external clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES
You will work with a team of talented and results oriented individuals and take part in the constant development and improvement of smart digital capacities of information acquisition, artificial intelligence, and digital curation. Your will focus on artificial intelligence and ontological engineering: In particular, you will be responsible for the following:
- Text processing in NLP (tokenization, POS tagging, TFIDF, LSA)
- Classic ML approaches (classification with SVM, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression)
- Modern ML approaches (neural networks – feedforward and recurrent)
- Language Modelling (n-gram estimation using neural networks, vector embeddings)
- Development of natural language generation modules for Sustainalytics products (i.e. various sequence-to-sequence approaches)
- Have full mastery/knowledge of other solutions and products existing in the field of expertise; act as an industry/academic expert.
- Undergraduate education in (either) AI, machine learning, computer science, data analytics, information systems, information science, cybernetics, applied mathematics, computational linguistics;
- Three years or experience in research, developing and/or implementing machine learning solutions in information retrieval/analytics environment;
- Demonstrable experience of a high level general language programming language (Python or similar);
- Familiar with packages such as scikit-learn/Pandas/TensorFlow/PyTorch;
- Previous work experience in natural language processing;
- Familiar with cloud computing (AWS or Azure);
- Hands on experience with GPU based machine learning constitutes an advantage