Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 600 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
We can offer the successful candidate
- A dynamic role in an organisation with the mission of contributing to more sustainable financial markets;
- International and social work environment with colleagues passionate about sustainability issues;
- Opportunities for travel;
- Exciting opportunities and responsibilities as an integral part of leading our sales growth in a fast-growing organisation;
- A large degree of flexibility and independence;
- Working with some of the largest financial institutions in the Nordics and globally to help them integrate ESG factors into their decision-making processes.
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The European Client Relations team is split between our client advisory team who service our existing clients and our sales team who develop and grow our European business. We are looking for a talented business development professional to join the team and help with driving our growth within the Nordic region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a sales strategist, cross-functional collaborator and subject matter authority on Responsible Investment and integration of ESG factors in investment decision-making within the Nordic Region
- Help with the development and implementation of the Nordic business development strategy, growing our presence in the market
- Act as a trusted advisor to institutional and retail investors
- Work collaboratively with client advisors in the Nordics team to help strengthen our presence in the market and to ensure opportunities are managed efficiently and effectively
- Stay on top of market developments, identify and share product innovation opportunities
- Potentially represent the company at industry events and conferences and public speaking engagements as team needs require
- Build, maintain and extend professional networks
We work daily with colleagues in our other European offices as well as in North America so the desire to work very closely with a diverse team from many different cultures is critical to thriving at Sustainalytics. The role includes travel across the Nordic countries on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate needs to be an ambitious team player who can both succeed individually, as well as reaching goals through close collaboration with other team members. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability and an alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of financial services and responsible investment industry
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant responsible investment and sales experience
- Strong client servicing and commercial skills
- Desire to work entrepreneurially in a young and fast-growing team
- Ability to take the initiative and think creatively and proactively
- Genuine desire to work collaboratively, and an individual that likes to succeed as part of a team
- A natural story teller, you can understand and present complex products in an engaging way
- Degree in related discipline (business, finance, environment and/or social sciences)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Native in a Nordic language, Fluency in English, proficiency in other Nordic languages desirable
- Willingness to travel
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until March 31st 2020 however we will start interviewing sooner so we advise you to apply as soon as possible.