Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 600 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
We are searching for an experienced tax professional who is looking to grow their career and gain exposure to different areas of international tax. Our Tax Specialist will provide support to the Associate Tax Director located in Timisoara in managing accounting, tax, regulatory and administrative activities associated with the global organization and executing various related workflows for all offices, including Romania.
- Provide accounting and tax technical support to the Sustainalytics Associate Tax Director, based in Timisoara;
- Organize the continuous development, update and follow-up on the Sustainalytics Tax Compliance Calendar across all the group entities;
- Supervise periodical regulatory and tax filings which are performed for Sustainalytics international subsidiaries, leading to full compliance with the Sustainalytics' statutory obligations;
- Support the Legal team with the tax sections of the client Request for Proposals (specific tax forms to be filled in, obtaining the entities’ tax residency certificates etc.);
- Responsible with various tax notifications received from tax authorities (keep an updated library/overview, identify actions points, follow-up with the team etc.);
- Actively involved in communications with external accountants and tax advisors;
- Work together with local and global colleagues in the development and implementation of internal accounting and tax policies across international offices;
- Be a dependable resource to the local and global colleagues across international offices, helping ensure that accounting and tax projects are successfully completed;
- Liaise with Legal, Accounting, Reporting, Sales Teams for analyzing the accounting and tax implications of certain transactions;
- Monitor and report on current standards and legislative updates in Sustainalytics’ locations globally.
- Master’s degree in Economics (Fiscal or Finance);
- A minimum of 5 years of fiscal and accounting experience in a multinational context;
- Must have worked at the intersection between commercial results and tax filings, with experience in interpreting and analyzing accounts;
- Good technical knowledge of accounting principles, tax legislation, and operational processes;
- Planning and organizational skills required to meet reporting and project deadlines. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Meticulousness, analytical and attentiveness to detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent in English, other languages are considered a plus;
- Ability to work independently and proactively in an international team;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.